It is no news that people try to improve their productivity without really knowing what it is.
As PaveTheWalk is centered on sharing tips that are tied to being productive, we will be remiss to not clarify the concept.
We will also be airing common misconceptions habored by millenials.
Let’s dive into it.
What is Productivity?
Before we state a concise definition, there are some things to note:
- Productivity is a dynamic study. It is not something to study once.It is a continuous practice. So you are on your toes all the time, learning,getting better and growing.
- Is macro and micro scaled: This is why it’s a concept misunderstood by people. It boils down to “workforce productivity”, and “personal productivity”
The total amount of goods and services workers produce in a certain period. This usually amounts to company’s growth, and overall GDP of an economy.
This is simply the relevant output of an individual in a certain period of time.
Noticed the emphasis laid on relevant? That’s because if you don’t get the right things done, you don’t actualize the right results.
Can there be workforce productivity without personal productivity? Leave your opinion in the comment section.
Now, while there are challenges to be encountered, It is important to note that on the flip side are benefits.
Misconceptions of productivity.
Below are some of the top misconceptions that I have come across in recent days:
- Multitasking helps you get more done. FIX: Multitasking congruent tasks yields productivity.
- That studying long hours is productive. FIX: Achieving study goals at a set time is productive
- “If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself”. FIX: you could always assign tasks to competent people while creating time to get more things done.You could do it yourself and still not get desired results.
- That you don’t have enough time FIX:(in truth you don’t invest it well) Planning and investing your time creates room other activities leaving more time on your hands
- Waking up early means one is productive. FIX: if it does not improve the quality of the person’s life then it’s not productive, same as other habits.
- If I procrastinate and finally getting it done I’m productive right? Wrong, I am just getting it off my neck.
How you do cope with procastination? Let us know in comment section.
Reviewing misconceptions go a long way to define what productivity is.
In truth, there are many wave-forms to efficiency unique to each individual, catch yours and ride it.
Now, a clear picture of what productivity is has been painted.
To further your quest to know and practice productivity, a curated list of top experts and coaches has been created here.
You can read blogposts from your favorite sites all from one place.